Odd display problems...

RPressler

Solid State Member
When I try and watch a video on windows media(or any other media player) I'm given an infra-red type display. For the most part, the video will be completely black. Only the brightest parts of the video will show, and they show as blotches of nothing. It's as if I'm watching the video through thermal goggles. This also occurs when I view in-game inematics in some games, such as WarCraft 3. When I'm actually playing the game itself, it is displayed perfectly. Also, when I watch movies on youtube or MySpace TV, I get a perfect picture. I know I should "search the forums blah blah blah" but I can't. I would, if I knew what my problem was. Without knowing the problem, I can't search for an answer. Please help.

Thanks,
Richard

Like Mattie sad sounds like a codec problem.
Google "VLC player", it usually comes with a bunch of codec's already inside + its a good player to use.

Cheers

Thanks for your help =]

Unfortunately, my problem persists.

Here are the steps I took:
-Re-installed Windows Media Player(Didn't fix)
-Installed VLC Player(Didn't fix)

And I'm going to do a little research on codecs and see what I can find.

Help would still be greatly appreciated =]

EDIT: I just remembered that a little while before this problem occurred, I was playing around with DVD ripping. I ended up installing seven or so programs for this task, a few of which included various codecs. Could it be that some codecs installed from those programs are corrupt?

I've tried using multiple registry cleaners to see if I had a problem in my registry, but that didn't help either =[

Sounds like an overlay problem. Try playing around with the overlay options on the graphics card drivers. If u have an nvidia card u can access the video and overlay settings in the nvidia control panel, i had a similar problem a while back, sometimes instaling new programs can corrupt or change the overlay settings.

Back
Top Bottom