OC'ing RAM/CPU

dakxxus

BSOD
Looking for some kind of guide for this. And something about RAM timings? I need to know all that crap..

Gotta list your system man (Mobo, Cpu, Psu) and what your current temps are. Than i can try and help you out

here we go:

Dunno what else you want. I can't find my PSU, but i know its 600W+. 4GB of RAM, 8 (yes, dont Q my selection) sticks of 512 memory @ 667mhz

You have a dell bios right? cause if you do your fucked, cant overclock, cant see your temps, cant do shit.

Trust me man i hate it too, i'm using a Dell E5150 and i've been looking everywhere to try an O/C it.

If you wanna overclock your graphics card, your in luck:
http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner

Try going 30mhz higher on your Gpu and 30mhz higher on your Memory Frequency. test it on a game and if you see any stuttering or weird coloring go lower if you dont go 10mhz higher. basically try and see what speed will work for you.

I got over 60mhz higher on my gpu and memory with my nvidia, 10 fps faster :)

End of thread.. I guess.

One more thing though, you think i would see a performance up from the regular clocking to the OC'ing settings?
Like in AoC or something that uses a lot of memory.

Are you saying that your not seeing any performance increase?

He hasn't overclocked to see any increase.

To the thread starter, because of your proprietary parts and the BIOS being locked to overclocking, I am almost confident that you won't be able to overclock. I'm sure someone will confirm this asap.

All of my prior Dell/HP/Gateway Mobo's/BIOSs have been locked. As far as I know, there aren't any easy work arounds, or any work arounds that I know of, period. Sorry there, bud, but looks like you'll be needed a new mobo to OC! :)

Back
Top Bottom