Nvidia New GPUs

harrybo

Baseband Member
I need a new graphics card! Iv got the nvida 6800GS and and the newer more complex games are starting to lag. I was thinking of upgrading to the 7 series like the 7900 but i heard that soon nvidia are releasing new modles or a new line of cards, is this true? and does any one have any info on them or any links to web sites containg info so i can have a look and decide weather or not to wait. Thanks

Its ok Iv been looking on another thread and its the nvidia G80 modles the ones that support DX10 i will just wait till they come out. do you have any idea when they will be out?? another question do the G80 GPUs work with XP as well as vista and will vista play XP games?

Most cards not are DX 10 worthy..

Im not sure how much that is in USD, but im going to say check out the 7600GT. It can take anything on Max except for Oblivion and FEAR.

If you can take it up to a 7900. But please, for gods sake dont get the 7950.

I also read in threads about teh DX10 cards, some people said that they were not going to get them right away but wait until they have all the bugs put, and the prices drop, because I'm guessing the prices will not be low when they first come out, lol. I am getting a 7600GT for my PC, but that is a much lower budget than yours. I heard the DX10 cards are supposed to be out in November I think, might be January, I can tquite remember.

I was thinking of the 7950 lol but obviously it isnt worth it? I think i will see how much the G80 are when they first come out but im hearing there going to be around $1000 witch is around £600 so thats abit pricey if u ask me! Ill look into the 7600GT

Iv found a 7600GT for only £102 witch is $191 good buy? iv also found the 7900GT for £174 equivalant to $325

If you want to go DX10 then you will have to buy Vista as well. So that will be a factor in your budget. I say go with a 7900GT right now if you don't want to buy Vista.

the 7900gt is not worth 325$, heck, theres a deal on newegg that is selling the 7900gt for 180 dollars after mail in rebate.
and about dx10, like distortion said, the g80 core utilizes dx10 and without an operating system that can support dx10, you won't be able to realize the benefits of it and that way, your money would be utterly wasted. if you have enough money for windows vista and the g80, go for it, otherwise, settle with a 7900gt, a 7950gx2 is pretty.. well.. you don't need it.

Back
Top Bottom