NVIDIA or ATI ???

ladykiller1

Baseband Member
Which one would you suggest for a new gaming pc?
I want to run dual cards and I'm going to build it myself.

I know nVidia has SLI and ATI has crossfire.

I've read that ATI has had some problems. For maximum performance your cards had to be the same model, and in some cases the same BIOS version. I don't know if that has been fixed.

Thanks for the help.

both really nice, but I would go with the nVidia it just always works best for me.

thats what I have in my current pc and haven't had any problems.
until recently when it can't pump out more that 15-25 fps in counter strike when it counts. but its 4-5 years old now.

I prefer nVidia over ATI. If you want to run two cards then I would definantly go for nVidia because SLI is more mature then Crossfire. Get two 7950GTs or 8800s and you will be set.

I was reading some reviews on the 8800 GTX and they were saying that they run hot and require a lot of power.

ladykiller said:
I was reading some reviews on the 8800 GTX and they were saying that they run hot and require a lot of power.

They run very hot, and require LOADS of power. On the other hand, they could probably make you climax in 20 seconds :p

^^ thats a good way to put it..they are so nice. its unbelievable and they arent working at full potential right now either.

CompMan said:
^^ thats a good way to put it..they are so nice. its unbelievable and they arent working at full potential right now either.

you can say that again, you will see their full potential once DX 10 comes out. That said, even now with out DX 10, they are still beating virtually all SLI setups out there.

I'm always going to recommend nVidia since I've always had great experiences with their products. And if you are going to get 2 cards then I'd definitely go with nVidia.

Wait for ATIs DX10 cards, for the time being get yourself by with a 7600GT or a X1950Pro.

from the sounds of it your system is going to need an upgrade to run any of them though....

I have used both compaines for years and they are both great,

Back
Top Bottom