NV4_DISP problem

airforceone453

Solid State Member
I'm not sure how this happened but when I try to enter a game like CS:S,I join a server, it will bring up the motd, and then it will freeze and bring up blue screen about nv4_disp. I tried it with TF2 and L4D as well, same problem. It never happened before until I started using this 24 inch 1080p acer monitor (model: p244wbii). Maybe it's unrelated but I cannot be sure. Since it's giving me a n4f_disp problem, I'm pretty sure it's a driver issue so I uninstalled video drivers and installed the latest drivers for my evga 8800gt. I still get the same problem. What else can I do?

I forgot to mention that I have my video card overclocked using RivaTuner, could this be the culprit perhaps?

If you're using Vista, try running Windows Update to see if it picks up drivers for the monitor.

You could also run CCleaner to get rid of any unnecessary crud in the registry. Another Idea would be to run Driver Cleaner Pro to uninstall the drivers and remove any and all traces of them. Then reinstall the newest set fro Nvidia.

Thanks, Atomic Rooster. I also failed to mention that I'm running XP. I'm going to return the clock speeds back to stock settings and see if that works. If it doesn't I'm going to run those cleaning programs and try another driver reinstallation.

That could be your problem if the card is overclocked. It may be getting cranky due to the higher clock speeds.

Back
Top Bottom