Notebook vs. Netbook ?

Myron1

Baseband Member
Hi. I never owned a PC but often surf the net for invaluable information using friends' PCs. I am completely ignorant of computers. I don't know a server from a flash drive. Anyway, I finally have decided to buy a PC but I am confused about whether I should get a notebook (laptop) or a netbook. What is the difference? I think the netbook can't play or burn DVDs but what other differences? I know the memory is low so is there a way to increase memory at a later date? Thanks.

are you getting a pc as in a desktop? (the big computer that sit on your desk)

or do you want something portable?

and a netbook is primarily used for internet surfing. Its basically a stripped down laptop that is smaller and less powerful than its counterpart

tell us what you're looking for and what you want to do with the new computer

I hate netbooks. Get a laptop (notebook), if you want a computer with portability. Otherwise, get yourself a nice desktop.

I don't have space for a PC so it would have to be either a notebook or a netbook. I think I'm better-off with a notebook. I believe that netbooks have no slot for DVD/CDs. Is that correct? My purpose is to surf the net and to be able to store photos I take from my digital camera. As of now, I can only store these photos on the tiny SD Memory Cards. Can a netbook store photos or set-up files? There is only a small price difference so I should stick with a notebook. Also, I have to attach a mouse and keyboard as the touch pad I find hard to operate as I have arthritis. I am a senior. Sadly, I have resisted getting a home computer for years but now the time has come.

yea no cd slots

i would highly suggest a full desktop seeing how a laptop has very small screen and parts and would be difficult to operate. a netbook would be even worse seeing how they can be half the size of a laptop

if you want a laptop, you can spend somewhere in the range of $400-$500 or even cheaper. You don't need anything powerful because your main purpose is to surf the internet and store photos and files

I'd love a full-size desktop PC but I have no room. Some laptops have a decent-sized screen. Are they all able to accomodate a mouse and keypad? I dislike the touchpad.

yes, pretty much all new laptops today can accomodate a simple $10 usb mouse. the same can be said with a usb keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom