Not Responding Crap

wizard12

Baseband Member
A lot of the time when I start using my computer after a night of inactivity or something of that sort my computer takes a really long time to open up windows/programs/etc. Anything that is open that I want to close start to not respond. Its really annoying and i have to shut down the computer manually.(I don't know if thats good to do. Anyone tell me if thats bad) Anyway, it usually happens after i run Battlefield 2142 or right before. I have no idea why. I have defragmented my hd quite recently and i have run ccleaner. Could anyone tell me what to do. Help would be welcome:D

Have you installed the latest patches for the game? It sounds like it may have a "memory leak". In essence, when you shut down the game, it doesn't want to release the memory it's taking up while playing.

Check your taskmgr (CTRL+ALT+DELETE) for garbage processes that uses alot of CPU/Memory before and after you run your game. You could probably just end the tasks, and it will prevent the freeze up. More importantly you can at least pinpoint the source of the problem.

Back
Top Bottom