Not Booting

ssc456

Fully Optimized
hi,

my sis wanted a cheap computer for just running basic internet and word etc so i looked on ebay and found

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HP-Compaq-EVO...262QQihZ020QQcategoryZ179QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

so.. during the wait for delivery i installed xp on my spare hard drive ready for it when it cam i took it apart plugged my hard drive in and a bios type screen came up saying new IDE device dedected press f1 to save settings so i pressed f1 the computer restarted flashed the bios screen and then it stops on a black screen with a small _ in the top left corner like its waiting to boot from cd or not detecting a hard drive. this computer does not have a cd drive but has a funny looking connection that looks like its ment for a laptop cd drive but wen i tried to connect my laptop drive to it the connection is slightly too big ??

i then tried my hard drive out of my desktop pc which did exactly the same thing.

so i am stuck at the black screen with small _ white cursor in the top left corner ??? n e ideas whats wrong

sorry for poor gramma,

thanks in advanced

Back
Top Bottom