not bad for a bargain chip!

freestyler105 said:

it is! I've thought about building a cheap upgrade from what I've got now and that chip looks pretty good. Might go for an e6300 but not sure yet. It'll be awhile before I decide anything.

i didn't know the price margin was that small... the e6300 sounds like a better deal. It's not the fastest of the core 2 duo's, but it will be plenty for me. Heck my P4 is still decent I just want somethign with 2 cores that runs cool.

The E4300 is the gamer's Celeron...but with a killing shadow. If you OC it, the killing shadow will knock everything down...even probably, the QX6800...yes, the QX6800, I'm talking about that quad core.

no, it will not beat out the QX6700 in certain applications. In games maybe, but not in other multi threaded apps.

Should of thought that. Quad is a good choice, but...why won't it beat the quad in certain areas, that suprises me. I think it rather comes from the Quad core support or something.

Has anyone got any date when Intel will release their other quad cores?

dual cores will beat quads in gaming and other high clock speed apps. Obviously a quad core can not clock as high as dual core.

The quad core will excel at multi-threaded applications over the dual core.

Back
Top Bottom