noob problem with amd catalyst control center

canders5

Solid State Member
So I just upgraded my graphics card to an ati radeon 6850 hd. I have 8 gigs of ram and an i3 550 3.2ghz processor ( yes old ) . I'm not sure what my motherboard is but it only supports 8 gigs.

My problem is that when I go to install the catalyst control center / amd vision engine control center, I NEVER get the option to install the vision engine control center. This is essential because I wish to mess with my CPU ghz through that program. I have purged all ati/amd drivers and reinstalled through the client, but yet again, no option to install the vision engine control center. I would deeply appreciate any advice on this topic, even berrating me if it were to help, thanks

Clark

You are installing the most recent version for the 6850 from AMDs website i take it? (ATI Radeon)

Are you doing a custom install and selecting all components?

You need to be sure that you have the latest .NET framework installed. Windows Update is the fastest way to get the update for the software. Only after .NET is installed will the AMD driver control panel option work.

If that doesn't work, remove all of the AMD drivers from the control panel, then download this program and install it: Download Driver Cleaner Pro v1.5 (freeware) - AfterDawn: Software downloads

Run the software, and choose all of the AMD filters, then run the cleaner.

Next, reboot and then install the latest AMD driver from the AMD website. They have a guided downloader so you get the right file, so it won't be hard to find it. Install that, and choose the custom option as Teris suggested. It will show you with check boxes what is going to be installed. If that doesn't work, or you get it installed and the Vision Control Center doesn't work, let us know.

Back
Top Bottom