No video

Loveturd

Beta member
Hello everyone, i have just finished building my first build and as the title says i don't know why my system won't output any video upon bootup. I have an intel dp55wg motherboard, intel 660 processor, 750 watt corsair psu, and 8gb of patriot ram. I currently have the video being outputed through the hdmi port on my geforce gtx 460. the motherboard itself didn't come with an output port which is why i have it hooked up through my graphics card. can someone please help???

also, im getting postcode error #27 on my motherboard upon startup, if anyone knows how to fix this that would be helpful as well

What configuration is your RAM?

One DIMM or two, what model number?

If you are running two DIMM memory modules, are both in the two memory slots farthest from the main motherboard power connector?

If one DIMM is it in the first slot, farthest of the four memory slots from the motherboard main power connector?

if you're talking timing then they should be on the default 9-9-9-24, although i wouldn't know cuz i couldn't get to the bios. if you're talking placement on the motherboard, one was in the memory slot farthest from the CPU, and the other was in the corresponding slot.

I'm talking about the physical placement of the DIMMS on the motherboard. Your motherboard has four memory slots, if you have two DIMM modules to install they should be in the two slots closest to the CPU. If the memory modules aren't plugged into the two slots closest to the CPU you will get a memory error code (such as #27) and your computer won't boot - that means no video output.

Back
Top Bottom