No sound after formatting!!....

dhaval_1920

In Runtime
I am not having any sound after I formatted my HDD...before formatting.....It was working fine and as soon as I formatted......the sound stopped working....I have all the latest drivers installed and when I play a song in Windows Media Player....it plays but sound doesnt come out of my speakers....my speakers are also working fine (I tested them with my mp3 player).....plz help me resolve this problem....thanx....

Most likely you didn't reinstall the driver for your sound card.

Go into hardware manager (right click my computer>properties>hardware>device manager) and look to see if its installed.

dhaval_1920 said:
I am not having any sound after I formatted my HDD...before formatting.....It was working fine and as soon as I formatted......the sound stopped working....I have all the latest drivers installed and when I play a song in Windows Media Player....it plays but sound doesnt come out of my speakers....my speakers are also working fine (I tested them with my mp3 player).....plz help me resolve this problem....thanx....

It could be that the updated drivers are the problem.

I know as soon as I updated my audio drivers (Realtek AC97) the sound stopped working, so I had to rollback the drivers.

Toby said:
It could be that the updated drivers are the problem.

I know as soon as I updated my audio drivers (Realtek AC97) the sound stopped working, so I had to rollback the drivers.

I tried both drivers....updated and the one that came with MB cd...

by the way my soundcard is built-in Realtek HD Audio

Have you tried playing a song through a player other than WMP?

And have you checked all the volume settings?

Toby said:
Have you tried playing a song through a player other than WMP?

And have you checked all the volume settings?

Yes I've checked all the volume settings and I have checked with winamp too....and also when you shutdown or turn on the pc...I cant hear any turn off or turn on sound....

Edit: I got it....I configured the speakers the wrong way!!!...thanx a lot guys..

Back
Top Bottom