no power to computer? motherboard or power supply?

rymort

In Runtime
Here whats happening.
I came home from work, turned on my computer, got into a game of World of Warcraft. I was playing for about 20 minutes when suddenly my computer just cuts off. I try to turn it back on and nothing. turned power bar off, then back on and everything lights up and turns on for a split second then off. Does this everytime i turn power bar off and on. Took computer apart and when the power bar is on the motherboard light is on. Took apart power supply and the fuse looks like it is still in tact. I also tried a different outlet and tried different power bar, still nothing.

I've eliminated that it cannot be the:
- outlet
- powerbar
- and possible the power supply

Has anyone had a similar problem and fixed it some how?
How can I find out what the problem is?

I burned 2 PS in the past, and an indication that it was the PS was that when starting up the computer there was a short glimpse and then nothing. The first time it happened, the technician told me that the power supply will (should) blow up before anything else; in other works it will cut off before damaging your computer. When the second PS burned, I immediately knew cause it did exactly the same thing. Note, the green light on the motherboard stayed ON even tough the PS was out.

id say it sounds like your ps went out which btw not a thing you want to be taking apart oh and theres alot more things to go wrong in a ps than a fuse but then again thats just my opinion it can be a numberous other things

Most likely your power supply. If you buy a new one, get one from a reputable brand like Antec, Aspire, Thermaltake, OCZ etc.

thank you very much, i went out bought a raidmax 420watt power supply, hooked it up and it worked like a charm.

thanks again

Back
Top Bottom