No monitor signal.

hatty

Beta member
Well I have no signal to my monitor as the title says. However, I strongly believe that it has something to do with the processor or the ram. I have a brand new motherboard(bought this because I thought it was the problem). I have a brand new 8500GT as well. All the parts are compatible. No funky mismatch.

I started having problems with the computer about a month ago. I just started trying to address and fix this problem. I put a new motherboard in because I thought that was the problem. Then since there was still no signal I purchased a new cheap video card. Still no solution.

So is it possible that something happened to the processor and thats why there is no signal to the monitor? Is this plausible or is it the ram or both? there is 4-1gb sticks.

System: socket 775 3.6ghz p4, abit p35-e mobo, 4x1gb ram, 2x250gb harddrives, 8500GT and 6800ultra, also an audigy2 sound card.

It's entirely possible that your monitor or monitor cable is bad. Try a different monitor and/or cable if you have one available. Or you can try hooking up the monitor to another computer if available.

well yes that is a possibility but the monitor i hooked it up to is the same one that im on. and i tryed more then one monitor when i first discovered the problem

I have yet to even install windows. The monitor is just black and the power light is flashing.

Strip it down to basics and try to boot. One stick of memory, video card, no drives. See if it gets a signal.

for some reason my worked when i built it i did a cmos reset and it worked so just give that a try.

I actually tryed the thing with no drives and it still didnt work. I tryed the bare minimum with 3 dif video cards. 2 pci-e and even 1 pci. still no signal. To do the cmos clear i just move the jumper right?

yep, cut it on and then switch it back.

mess with the ram to put it in different slots ad try 1/2 sticks.

Thank you all very much for the ideas. I'm going to try the clear memory thing tomorrow and ill let you know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom