No Hard Drive Detected in OS Installation

Scaramouche

Solid State Member
Hello

I'm having issues with installing Windows 7 Ultimate.

When prompted to choose where to install it, it says "No drives were found. Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation."

I've gone through DISKPART > list disk in the command prompt and it says that there are no fixed disks.

The BIOS shows my total memory and its frequency, but it isn't listed in the SATA configuration.

Is the hard drive a dud or is there a way to fix this?

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LX LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Edit: I have tried using different cables and SATA ports as well as using IDE instead of AHCI.

Last edited:
Disconnect all other hard drives if there are any.

Leave only the Mushkin.

Change the SATA cable, (you may have a bad pin out).

Also change the SATA port into which you've plugged the Mushkin.

Make sure to use the Native Intel SATA III ports only.

I just checked it with another PC. It can't detect the hard drive... I assume that means that I have to replace it

@Hameister I've tried different cables and ports and it has been the same problem :/

Last edited:
I just checked it with another PC. It can't detect the hard drive... I assume that means that I have to replace it

@Hameister I've tried different cables and ports and it has been the same problem :/

I understand. I suggested those alternatives, because I didn't know if you had another machine to test it with.

Sounds like a dead SSD. This is the first one I've heard of that was DOA.

I understand. I suggested those alternatives, because I didn't know if you had another machine to test it with.

Sounds like a dead SSD. This is the first one I've heard of that was DOA.

I think you misread something somewhere. He's using a Seagate Barracude not an SSD drive.

I think you misread something somewhere. He's using a Seagate Barracude not an SSD drive.

Right you are....guess I always have solid state drives on the brain. I don't even think in terms of HDD anymore.

Doesn't matter much in this case, same principle holds true.

Back
Top Bottom