Nice to meet you all.. AND I NEED SOME HELP!!!

Steven_Segal

Beta member
Ok hey all I'm new nice to meet you.

I'll cut to the chase... my whole USB thing is doing the freakies and I have no idea why. It says that it needs drivers... but I have drivers for it already. Why did my USB stop working all of a sudden. I checked device manager and here is what I found
untitled.jpg

then on closer inspection I found
untitled1.jpg

please help.

I've tried that

What is weird is that it's two unknown devices but I have nothing plugged into my USB ports.

have you gone into the bios and looked at the settings? you may be able to disable and enable it in there. also, could any of the usb jumpers on your mobo come loose? im grasping at straws here i know. but its worth a look.
woz

Another possibility is that you plugged something into the USB for too short a time for Windows to install the drivers for it. So it knows there's another device, but it wasn't able to fully install. If there is nothing currently in that USB port, I would just remove the item.

It appears it may be the port itself. Uninstall it and reboot. If that doesn't do it try setup from the motherboard cd again.

Try removing the whole usb port uninstall then reboot with the port in the computer that should do it if the port is workable it's self.

Maybe remove all your USB cables from the back first. As everyone here has mentioned, delete the USB device from the Device Manager. If Windows doesn't pick it up after refreshing it, then you can do a Windows repair install or use the motherboard utility cd to get the controllers in there. THan install Service Pack 1.

Back
Top Bottom