Newb Needs Help Music Prod (pc)

Vulpecula101

Beta member
So my latest trek to Burning Man convinced me of one thing.... Electronic music needs help. Being one who is rather tech savvy and expirienced at guaging the nuances of this genre... I have decide to just make my own... I am going to build a rig (PC) based specifically for that purpose...I need help.

I have so many questuions as to what kind of mother board, proc, sound card vs. Interface etc... I can build and get my way around a system but I know F$#% all about music production in the digital age but I have some cash to expend on the learning process... any savvy peeps have some advice for me? Thanks!

I know a fair bit about software but not much about hardware. Monitors are a must if you are serious.

Take advantage of the Intel i7 CPU. With a nice motherboard and RAM you got the PC end pretty much covered.

Its the rest of the set up that you need to look into. You can start of with an M-Audio AUDIOPHILE 2496.This will give you enough in/out options for your set up. Although when you want to start recording real instruments, mic's, etc, you'll want an interface with more in/out options and maybe, M-Audio ProFire 2626.

Get the computer and software, with your audio interface, then go from there. Theres tons of software our there too.

Back
Top Bottom