New wireless routers get new protocol

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Have you guys heard about the new 802.11n? Speeds can reach from 270 to 600mbps!!!!!! These routers will support the traditional 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency range. Right now, we have these crappy draft-n routers available (more in 2007), but won't be taken full advantage until 2008.

Wow, that's even better. The standards process is moving slowly right now. Voting is set for January on Draft 2.0 of 802.11n, which could possibly be ratified as final, but full ratification and certified products won't appear until the end of 07 of possibly early 2008.

Looks like we'll all be upgrading wireless networking stuff pretty soon, hehe. At least for those who want the latest and greatest stuff. Netgear already sells the draft-n router and so does Linksys.

Well it's not the offical 802.11n yet. The protocol draft hasn't been completed yet.

Personally I think 802.11g is fast enough, but whatever. I'm waiting for BPL to come around. :D

My 802.11g router will arrive today..and im looking forward to that, damn new technology!

I just want more range and power, thats the only reason why I would want to upgrade to 802.11N

Oh yeah, if running wifi on a domain 600mbps of bandwidth would really help :)

joxley1990 said:
My 802.11g router will arrive today..and im looking forward to that, damn new technology!

Oh man, that's too bad. I would hate that too. A lot of people are using the 802.11g right now and it's widely used so you don't have to worry about being behind in technology.

Yeah, 802.11g is good enough. For now. :)

I definately can't wait for BPL to come around. Mmm...so much easier, not to mention handier. :D

Back
Top Bottom