New wireless card gets hot. Problem?

~NeonFire372~

Golden Master
I just bought a Zonet 2.4GHz/54MBps ZEW1502 Wireless CardBus for my laptop since it's internal wireless capabilities didn't work too well and I've been using the internet for about two hours now and I just took it out and noticed that if I hold it in my hand, it feels pretty hot. No hotter than the bottom of my laptop or other components get, but a bit hot. Is this a problem or is it normal?

If it doesn't get any hotter than the bottom of the PC itself, then I think its normal. Of course, I'm not accustomed to laptops, so I could be wrong. If the thing came with a manual, look through it and see if it says anything. I'm quite certain it is normal, but if in doubt, don't use the card, because you may damage it. It should be fine as long as it doesn't get any hotter than you say.

Sounds fine, dont forget the card is inside the pc, so no air flow can get to it in the laptop as such, since owning one for 3 months ive found out they get really hot!

thats normal, my brother has a wireless card(use to he sold it to my dad, got internal) and it was pretty hot if you took it out after using it for a while, specially on file transfers when speeds were in excess of 8Mbytes a second

Back
Top Bottom