new video card help

nerdelite

Beta member
so this might be a very noob question but please help.

ok so i just got a radeon 9250 pci and im trying to make it my default card. my other card is an igc and i dont know how to disable it. also it seems to be registering two monitors when i have but one. if anyone can help me that would rock. thanks in advance.

you can select your default graphics card in most bios i believe you will have to select something like default video source and selet PCI

so this might be a very noob question but please help.

ok so i just got a radeon 9250 pci and im trying to make it my default card. my other card is an igc and i dont know how to disable it. also it seems to be registering two monitors when i have but one. if anyone can help me that would rock. thanks in advance.

Not sure what you mean but im thinking you mean do you have to disable onboard?

Boot up the computer, go into BIOS, i beleive you have to go to standard CMOS group, go to primary display, you should see onboard/AGP, change value to PCI. Save to CMOS, boot up, you shouldn't get post, this is normal. Turn off the computer again, open the case, put in the PCI card, boot up again it should work fine. If all works fine, close the case.

EDIT: In english.. Turn on the computer, press the button that goes to bios, press the down arrow until you get to the section that says cmos. Then press enter, press down arrow until you get to primary display, press enter, then down to highlight PCI. Press enter, then press down arrow until you get to the section that says save to cmos and exit, press enter, it should say save? press Y and press enter. Now the screen goes black, the monitor goes into sleep. Turn off the computer, put in the new graphics card, and turn on the computer. Pat your self on the back, and give me some rep if it works.

Back
Top Bottom