New Stuff for Old Mac

linnerd40

In Runtime
Well, yesterday I got my dad's old PowerMac G4: 2x 500mhz processors, 256MB RAM, AGP Graphics, 20gig hard drive. It is actually a fairly nice computer, just needs some upgrades. First off, it doesn't have a wireless card, and I was thinking about getting a USB Wireless adapter. Thing is, I haven't seen any that work for a mac. Any ideas? Also, where can I get some RAM that would fit in here? I mean, what type of RAM do the old G4s take. ALSO, what hard drives work in the G4s? I have a 40gig IDE ATA100 drive... would it fit/ work?

Thanks!!!

-linnerd40

I don't know what your model is but pick it form this list and it will display types of memory that will work with you rmachine, and kingston is good memory so you shouldn't have any problems, check ebay for a wireless card because i kno someone who got a mac wireless card from ebay that they discontinued making, and hard drives i'm not sure but i believe pc and mac hard drives are formatted differently

john123 said:
yeah most hard drives will work. the older g4's use pc133/100 ram.

im so jealous :(
The only reason I use Mac is for my animation. You shouldn't be jealous.

AirPort extreme for the mac. go to store.apple.com to see it. Compatible with D-link, Netgear and a few more i think.

the airport extremes don't work in the older macs, he needs to get a card that they don't make anymore, you can get it on ebay, they are kinda expensive though since they are not made by mac anymore though

there are some bad reviews for that adapter though, i would try looking for something better before you buy that one

Back
Top Bottom