New set up problems, or do i have problems

Pidge14

In Runtime
So i have decided to upgrade from my 3200 to a dual core on a socket 939 board. It came today, i got it all on the motherboard, cpu and fan. and i couldn't find the fan connector like the directions showed, so i plugged it in a normal fan connector for the heat sink to see if that would work, i turned the computer on. Just power to the motherboard the fan goes but when i get my hand close or on the case i feel electricity or static electricity. Is this because i don't have the heatsink in the right connector or did i forget to plug something else in along with the fan and the mobo power?

it dosent matter what slot you put it in. does the computer work? if it dosent put the 3200+ back in and flash the bios with the latest version. if that dosent work than your mobo dosent support the CPU

Do they now make motherboards with AGP video card slots anymore?

To answer your question, it turns on. Just when i do, they extra electricity you could say. What if i put my Zalmann fan back on there that i bought for my 3200? Would that work? Or would it not be good enough for a dual core?

that zalman is way better than the stock cooler and what kind of "extra electricity" are we talking about. i dont get what you trying to say.

Okay, well i plugged everything. Power from the PSU to the all parts. I plug all data transfer cables. EVERYTHING! I plug in the power cord to the PSU and turn the computer on. At a distance, it seems to work. lights light up. Fans start to spin, you hear other parts running. BUT when you put your hand near or on the case you feel an electric current. Not static electricity. But an electric current. At first i thought i shocked the computer, but then when i put my hand near the case you can still feel electric coming off of it. Nothing has blown up yet, so i just keep it off figuring one of you smart people on here could figure it out.

Yeah, everything is the same setup at before except i have 250 gig IDE drive instead of my 40 gig one and the new cpu. But i had to reput the old heatsink holder back on the motherboard which might not be grounded properly possibly, not sure. So in all, new hard drive, new cpu and new heatsink. If i took off the new heatsink and tried the zalmann do you think that would do it?

no did you put the motherboard risers on yet because if it contuines than i have no idea what is wrong. i doubt the electricy will affect your pc but thats just my opnion

I still dont know what you mean. You say it feels like electricity, but your not getting a shock, and thats what electric feels like to me.:)

You know how when you put your tongue is on a nine volt you feel the actual current. Well thats what it feels like when you have your hand or near the case. You feel the electric current going through the case. Weird yes. but it still runs.

And yes my risers are on the motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom