New Problem: Computer Restarts

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
Now I have a new problem :D.
Right now im typing this from a different computer then the one i am talking about;

I used partition magic to create a new partition to install linux on, however, when i realized how long it was going to take (it took like 5 minutes to get to %4) i realized i should do it overnight, as i need to do other work (homework :D). So the screen says hit any key to abort, i do. Nothing happens for a couple minutes, so i hit restart on my computer. Then when the computer restarts i am prompted with a screen asking me how to start windows:

Safe Mode
Safe Mode With Networking
Start Windows with last known configuration (that worked)
Start Windows Normally

I've tried all four, but whenver I select one the computer restarts (as it usally does), i get to the gateway screen that i usally get when i start up my comp, and then im prompted with the same screen asking me to select how to start windows. and this is just an endless loop. ideas?

PS: It never gets to the page iwth the 3 dots loading and the windows logo.

Oh...

Well, it shouldn't have damaged the Windows Partition since it was created on another partition, which is very weird, since that was my first thought, as you aborted.

By any chance did you check the Windows partition was okay, before trying to install Linux?

Are you sure and I mean completly sure that you tried to install on the right partition?

I hope I can help. It doens't look good though at the moment :(

thank god for maxtor. I don't know how this possibly worked but, when my computer was in the midst of it's 763 boot (or something like that) i repeatedly hit the "automatic backup of hd" button on my external harddrive. The 2nd partition i later found out was not even installed, the problem remains undiagosed, but a reformat solved it and i didnt really lose any files. some seem to be missing shortcuts, but for the most part i lost nothing. I WILL RETURN LINUX TO TRY AND INSTALL YOU! :D

Back
Top Bottom