New PC for video editing

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hello,

Ok, so my younger brother needs a new PC and I will build it for him.

The main purpose for PC is video editing, second is Gaming.

He has 3 monitors, one of them is 24" and the other 2 are about 20"

The PC needs to be top of the line, I don't really have a budget maybe around $2,000. If I spend less great, if I need to spend more then I will. I will be using Newegg to order the parts, but I also have Microcenter not to far away from me.

This is what my brother sad the PC must have;

* Very good GPU
* CPU (must be easily overclockable to 4.0 Ghz, I personally always liked Intel CPU's so unless AMD has a big advantage now, I would like to stick with Intel CPU)
* CPU Cooler "Prolimatech Mega Shadow Deluxe" (when I got one for my self this thing was the best cooler on the market)
* 12GB of RAM
* 2X SSD HDD (one for him and one for me as a method of payment, so a nice SSD is needed. Is Intel G2 still the best option? )
* 3TB HDD's (total)
* Top of the line Sound Card (he asked for 2 sound card's... can he do that? He just wants to be sure he has all the ports that he would ever need)
* 3 CD ROM's (don't ask)
* Full Tower Case with great cooling (his room gets hot, so suggestions on good fans is also needed)

I don't know 1st thing about video editing and I stopped paying at attention to the new parts that been coming out for the past year or so, so all of your help is greatly appreciated.

Does crossfire/SLI helps with video editing? If no, then a single GPU is fine. (must be something good tho maybe 5870 thats what I have)

Thanks

The PC needs to be top of the line, I don't really have a budget maybe around $2,000. If I spend less great, if I need to spend more then I will. I will be using Newegg to order the parts, but I also have Microcenter not to far away from me.

^

Will he be doing audio editing or just video work? If he's going to be recording audio, then I would recommend a PreSonus Firebox. Otherwise, probably just a nice pci/pci-e audio card or something.

Back
Top Bottom