New PC comparison help please

Ang3ls Touch

Beta member
My moms ancient computer finally breathed its last breathe and i need some help picking out a new one for her. $600 or under

Newegg.com - HP Pavilion p6710f (BV530AA#ABA) Athlon II X4 640(3.0GHz) 4GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity ATI Radeon HD 4200 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Lenovo H405 7723-1DU Desktop PC - AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.10GHz, 6GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit at TigerDirect.com

The 3rd link wont post but this is the details

Operating system
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bitedit

Processor
AMD Athlon(TM) X4 640 quad-core processor [3.0GHz, 2MB L2, up to 4000MHz bus]edit

Memory FREE UPGRADE! 4GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [2 DIMMs] from 3GBedit

Hard drive FREE UPGRADE! 750GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive from 500GBedit

Graphics card512MB DDR3 AMD Radeon HD 6450 [DVI, HDMI. VGA adapter]edit

Primary optical drive LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti driveedit

Networking
Integrated Ethernet port, No wireless LANedit

Sound CardIntegrated soundedit

Which one of these is best?

or if you have another one 600 or under thats better feel free to post
smile.png

Thanks!

PS probably with this monitor - Newegg.com - Acer G185HAb Black 18.5" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 50000:1(ACM), 1000:1

None of those pcs are any good - for anything. Or rather, none of them are worthwhile. What I mean is, the processor is great for a gamer, but the video card is not meant for gaming. But if she isn't a gamer, then there is no need for the good processor. Darkseeker had the same idea. So really, there's no way to justify pairing that cpu with that gpu. If she isn't a gamer, get a cheaper cpu. If she is, get a better gpu.

Either way, we'll need to know what kinds of things she wants to do with it, and we can go from there.

my suggestions...

If she just uses Office, Facebook/twitter, maybe a bit of playing with photos, some media and music, then this Would be more than enough.

If she does play a few games, and maybe uses some Adobe products or maybe some advanced image or music manipulation or bespoke software, then this would be better, if not way more than enough.

Back
Top Bottom