New Pc

RAWRhero

Solid State Member
I need suggestions for a new pc. Basically I don't have a budget and want the best pc I can get (lower price is better).

I was thinking of a intel i7 extreme with dual Nvidia GTX 295's in quad SLI.

Obviously thats not the only parts I'd need. So advice would be nice.

We get this a lot on these forums. People want GTX 295s in SLi and then we ask them what size their monitor is:
"19 inch widescreen"

So,
What is your monitor's native resolution?
Where are you in the world?
Do you overclock?
What are you using this for?

Yeah I see that all the time too. A buddy of mine has two Ati 4870X2 2GB in Crossfire...on a 17 LCD V_V

If you are not using a large screen, then one GTX 295 would suffice you.

What is your monitor's native resolution?
Where are you in the world?
Do you overclock?
What are you using this for?

Right now I'm just using a 22" widescreen - 1680 * 1050, but would possibly be upgrading some time in the near future.

I'm guessing you mean location? New Zealand. Not the best place for pc parts.

I haven't overclocked a pc before, as I haven't had good enough cooling, but I have a few friends who overclock their pc's - so the ability to overclock would be nice.

Uses, Mainly HD video editing and competitive gaming (High FPS with High Res and Max settings is a must ((clan matches and organised tournaments are entered)). Of course for the web and music too, but I'm the kinda person who multi tasks.

Right now I'm using Windows XP and Winows Vista Ultimate (both 32 bit.) in a duel boot on this pc.
I don't mind upgrading to a 64bit. OS.

I thought about one GTX295, probably will settle with that for a whille. But I at least want to be able to add another when I decide I need those 140fps in crysis. ;P

Most used programs list:
Adobe After Effects CS4
Adobe Premier Pro CS4
Adobe Photoshop CS4
Sony Vegas Pro
Games (such as TF2, Crysis, FC2)

Still need replies. ;P

After some more researching, I have found that people say three GTX285s in tri SLI is better two GTX295s in quad SLI.

Would you guys reccommend this idea?

Back
Top Bottom