new parts = problem

imager1

Baseband Member
Ok got my new parts in...

ECS A780GM-A AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI ATX AMD
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200 Brisbane 2.7GHz Socket AM2
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800

Using same case and PSU and Vid card as in my sig

Turn the PC on and it stays on, but no signal to the monitor. Light is orange - typical blue if there is a "connection". BIOS doesn't appear either. WinXP Pro...

I CAN turn the PC off with the power button which I couldn't before - the cause for the new parts.

I see the board isn't take my sig...so:

Antec P160
Antec TruePower 550W PSU
Abit AN8 SLi
AMD 64 3500+
CORSAIR (2 x 512MB) DDR 400 (PC 3200)
eVGA 7800GT
Maxtor 16MB 250GB HDD SATA150
Seagate 8MB 250GB HDD SATA150
Plextor DVD +/-RW SATA
Hyundai L90D 19" LCD 8ms

Do you get any beeps at start-up?

Since that board has onboard video, you may want to connect your monitor the the onboard VGA port and disable the onboard video in the BIOS.

Do you get any beeps at start-up?

Since that board has onboard video, you may want to connect your monitor the the onboard VGA port and disable the onboard video in the BIOS.
This.

Good news...bad news...

The "no screen" problem was the memory needing to be in DIMMS 3, 4.
I was able to boot to windows...inserted the cdrom that came with the mobo to get the audio/ethernet drivers. It asked to reboot...which I did...got the bios, then winXP splash screen for about 3-5sec...then BAM screen goes blank/black and NOTHING...it just sits there. Won't boot into windows now.

Inserted the winXP disc to try a repair...waiting for the past 10mins on the part that says; Examining 76294 MB Disk 0 at Id 1 on bus - on\wid atapi...
It finally went thru, gave me a DOS looking window (I never did a REPAIR). it asked which windows I wanted to log into - chose the option and entered my PW. Then it went to a e:\windows

I just typed exit and let the PC reboot - back to it just sitting at a blank screen after about 2secs of seeing the WinXP splash screen.

Are you booting to the CD?

I booted to the XP cd for the repair yes, but on reboot I took the cd out. Got the same thing as I did when it asked for a reboot after installing the drivers for the mobo. I get the winXP splash screen and then blank/black screen nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom