New old CRT 21 problematic

serani

In Runtime
So I've got this older CRT monitor..its a bit fuzzy, but through messing around with the OSD I can get it to be 'pretty' clear..

Although while messing with configs I've developed a large magenta ish color blotch in the top right corner of my screen..what could have caused this?

Its a 21'' CRT, I've got speakers (5.1) set up around the monitor, its displaying my laptop which I've got hooked up next to it..the stereo receiver is also near the monitor.

Oddly enough, when I perform "degauss" in the OSD the magenta will go away, but after the degaus has completed the magenta reappears..

Any help is greatly appreciated thanks !!

speakers are messing with your moniter. you probably have one too close to that spot. try moving any speakers on the top right of your monitor further away.

What if the speaker arn't on? Would that still affect it?

I have two monitors and when I switch this one out, the other monitor doesn't get the discoloration.

Also, is this affecting my laptop monitoring and projecting the problem on my CRT ? Or is it directly affecting the CRT?

Thanks !!

Yeah, it can still affect it. Most speakers (if not all) have magnets in them and that causes the spots.

Is the other monitor an LCD or CRT?

the "other monitor" I thought was a CRT, but can CRTs be 'curved' or convexed ? Cause this one is, but its a beast, definately not an LCD, thought the screen isn't flat either.

and to note, this second one, the curved one doesn't appear to have the speaker issue

Back
Top Bottom