New Motherboard wont boot up...

BiG_DeE

Beta member
So i just went out and baught the asus m4a78-em today with a amd athalon2 x2 240 cpu, 2 gigs of ram and a new video card, i installed it all, went to start it up, it goes to the xp load up screen and instantly goes into a blue screen and before i can see what it says it restarts, and does this constantly.

I tried to update the drivers, boot from cd, the whole 9 yards... the board has a utility called ez flash 2 bios rom.. but i cant get my cd that i got new drivers on to show up on the utility, ive read on the asus website they say to use a floppy or a flash drive, the d drive for my dvd burner drive shows up but doesnt do anything.. and the motherboard doesnt have the floppy connector.

any and all help is highly appericated and thanks in advanced.

also to be more in detail, im running a IDE harddrive, and a Sata dvd burner.

What are the temps like in the bios?

Is the cpu cooler mounted properly? (it's not overheating and causing the BSOD is it?)

Try with one stick of memory at a time, it could be a bad stick

EZ Flash is for updating your bios only, it will not update drivers, you need to get into windows to do that.

ment to update the bios, only 1 stick of ram, cooler is mounted correctly the temps are

cpu = 33c = 91f
mobo = 34c = 93f

it boots just fine if i putmy xp cd in and boot from my cd drive.. ive however tried 2 differnt ide hard drives... and both have the same problem.

ment to update the bios, only 1 stick of ram, cooler is mounted correctly the temps are

cpu = 33c = 91f
mobo = 34c = 93f

it boots just fine if i putmy xp cd in and boot from my cd drive.. ive however tried 2 differnt ide hard drives... and both have the same problem.

wait, are you trying to boot from a previous Windows install or did you do a fresh install after getting the motherboard...? changing motherboards usually requires a reinstall of the operating system...

i justput in my harddrive and didnt do any reformating or anything, do i need to reformat or just reinstal windows?

You'll definitely have to reinstall windows to get it to work with your motherboard.

Sometimes you can get lucky and can pull off changing mobo/cpu and still booting into windows but it'll go crazy trying to find drivers.

Back
Top Bottom