New Motherboard Asus Crosshair-Lots of little Annoyances, Help?

ghostFL

Fully Optimized
Well, I got and installed my Asus Crosshair mobo today.

Well, I had to reinstall all my hardware and drivers.

And now my computer dosen't have any Ethernet cable recognition.

And at start-up I have about 5 diferrent windows the come up asking me to insert discs for diferrent drivers and stuff.

Helpppppp me pleeeeeeeeeeeeease =]]

Oh yeah, and if anyone has the mobo, wanna help me out with OC'ing features? ;)

.......... And at start-up I have about 5 diferrent windows the come up asking me to insert discs for diferrent drivers and stuff..........
So what are you asking?

By the sounds of it you have not installed the m/board drivers, the disk would have come with the board, install the drivers, when you're done check Device Manager to make sure there are no problems.

What o/s do you have?..is it Vista?. I had an ASUS mobo when I first bought Vista the day it was released in Australia. It had Marvell Ukon Gigabit LAN and I could never get it to work properly. I ended buying a new NIC card. No matter what driver i used i could never get it right.

What o/s do you have?..is it Vista?. I had an ASUS mobo when I first bought Vista the day it was released in Australia. It had Marvell Ukon Gigabit LAN and I could never get it to work properly. I ended buying a new NIC card. No matter what driver i used i could never get it right.

I'm using 32 bit XP SP2.

So what are you asking?

By the sounds of it you have not installed the m/board drivers, the disk would have come with the board, install the drivers, when you're done check Device Manager to make sure there are no problems.

Yeaah, but I've installed every driver and extra that comes with the mobo =[

But what I was asking is if theres a way I can disable those from coming up.

But I DO need to fix the ethernet problem. I simply CAN'T live on wireless. It's impossible. lol.

Can you post up a screenshot of your device manager showing the problem devices please.

Have you been to the Asus site to check for the drivers you require?

Are all the pop up windows related to the m/board?

Can you post a screenshot or at least list, the contents of the pop up windows you are getting at start up.

asdfasd44ed.jpg

At first on start up, the "Insert Disc" windows come up. And at the same time, the "Drive is in use or open" window comes up. When I try fixing the ethernet or any of the other hardware problems listed in that window, it starts to install and then asks me to insert those strange discs I've never had in my life.

lol

man that is some weird shit.

The "drive not ready" will be generated by the fact that two wizards are trying to access it at the same time.

I'm just loading up the Asus site (it's dog slow) to see what I can find, have you looked there?

Jeeze even the processor isn't reconized. Any chance that something could of got messed up when installing Windows? Or the drivers?

Have a look here and install the relevent drivers (ethernet and 1394), I'd also install the latest chipset driver, reboot and see what comes up.

Jeeze even the processor isn't reconized. Any chance that something could of got messed up when installing Windows? Or the drivers?
Some weird shit alright, chipset driver may fix it up or a bios flash to the latest bios may be in order to get the cpu recognised, I just don't have the time right now to read all the notes (gotta get ready for work :()

I went around the ASUS site and found the nVidea Ethernet networking controller, and I am now posting this reply via High Speed ETHERNET connection :)

I am still getting the "Drive is Busy" pop up on start up though.

Have a look here and install the relevent drivers (ethernet and 1394), I'd also install the latest chipset driver, reboot and see what comes up.

Some weird shit alright, chipset driver may fix it up or a bios flash to the latest bios may be in order to get the cpu recognised, I just don't have the time right now to read all the notes (gotta get ready for work :()

Alright, I'll look for that on the ASUS site too.

Nah, this is the same HD I've had for 4 years, used to be in an old HP computer, then I built a custom. Its wimpy and very old ;P

Back
Top Bottom