New Motherboard

Mossiac

In Runtime
Hi guys,

I am looking to upgrade my motherboard and CPU.

I need one that can handle the Sims 3 and other heavy games. Might do a spot of programming and maybe audio editing but not too often.

I have found two on Novatech that look like they would be up to the task. However one of the problems with my current board is thst it gets to hot and restarts itself. So advice on cooling would be welcome.

Novatech Motherboard Bundle - AMD FX-8 8350 Processor - 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 Memory - AMD 990 motherboard | MBB-83508A

Novatech Motherboard Bundle - AMD FX-8 8320 Processor - 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 Memory - AMD 970 motherboard | MBB-83208A

So thoughts on these then please.

Oh and RAM shouldn't be an issue. I have 16GB at the moment and if I can't use that then it's cheap enough to get.

Thank you all in advanced.

Mossiac

Few questions first, what board and chip do you have at the moment?

what case do you have?

what graphics card do you have?

and what ram do you have?

My apologies I thought that I had a signature with that info.

So here is the systen I have at the mo.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
Mother Board: Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H
Processor: AMD PhenomII X4 965 Processor, 3.4GHz(Stock)
Memory: 16GB RAM
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 550 Ti Memory: 1024 MB
Case: Thermaltake Commander MS-I

Mossiac

Also, after an issue that required me to look in the PC and see a clogged heatsink, I have decided that I want a closed loop water cooling system. Any recommendations?

Mossiac

I'd go with the first mobo, cpu combo you suggested. Are you also looking to upgrade you GPU to handle more heavy newer games?

Yeah I was leaning towards that one. And yes I have decided to upgrade my GPU. This time I would like an AMD one. Though I am not sure which one to get really. Not even sure what the performance stages are with AMD cards.

Mossiac

Ok I have had a gander on the tinrernet and have seen that I could probably save some dosh buying the bits separately, and it would save arguing with the CPU heatsink.

So I will be getting the AMD FX8350 but not sure which motherboard.

I like Gigabyte boards. But are there any others that do justice to AMD processors?

Mossiac

Back
Top Bottom