New monitor.

worshipme

Golden Master
I'd like a new monitor, something 19" plus. I currently have a Hanns-G 17" LCD 8ms response time. I'm thinking of maybe getting a CRT. As far as I know, the only dsadvantage with them is the size/weight They're a lot cheaper than LCDs and lower resolutions still look good. I'm thinking something like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dell-P1230-21-CRT-Brand-New-Boxed_W0QQitemZ140195100781QQihZ004QQcategoryZ174QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemIt doesn't look as stylish as an LCD, but who cares?

In a way, CRT's can be better, depending on what you plan on doing with it. What are you planing on using it for? Games, internet, photo editing, etc....?

Thats a nice monitor you picked BTW, it is HUGE! It is over 66 pounds, so make sure you have a strong desk to sit it on if you decide to get it. It also has a nice max resolution.

Space or weight isn't really a problem for me. I'll be using it for games, the internet, not really any photo/video editing.

yeah crt's aren't bad. I had a 21" crt and I loved it. Then it blew up...
I should be getting my 22" Samsung SyncMaster 226BW next week, I hope it's as good as I have heard.

Anyway, as I said there isn't really anything wrong with crt's, and like you said, they are a lot cheaper. You can get cheap lcd's too, but then the quality won't be that great.

yeah crt's aren't bad. I had a 21" crt and I loved it. Then it blew up...
I should be getting my 22" Samsung SyncMaster 226BW next week, I hope it's as good as I have heard.

Anyway, as I said there isn't really anything wrong with crt's, and like you said, they are a lot cheaper. You can get cheap lcd's too, but then the quality won't be that great.

oh it's good :D i got mine on sale a while back , love it alot

We used to have these huge NEC monitors in our office. A real pain in the ass to move around. Someone could easily hurt their back if they weren't careful.

But boy, were they reliable.

I love CRT monitors. Sure, they're big, but as far as image quality and reliability goes, LCDs have nothing on them.
(As I type this, I am using a 15" crt from 1995.. works perfectly to this day.)

I used to have a 26 inch LCD TV, but the picture quality wasn't a patch on my CRT so returned it and used my CRT again.

Back
Top Bottom