New MoBo and Processor

Ethan74

Solid State Member
Can you tell me everything I need to know before I install a new motherboard and processor (HP Pavilion a305w) :confused:

You will have to re format your harddrive for the best performance . when you install the heatsink dont think more thermal paste is best just put a blob in the middle and spread it around evenly . Just reamber to plug all the plugs back in . and really small thing like that. Also make sure it is really really well fitted to the case before adding everything .

Why would I have to reformat my hard drive. ..... Well, I guess it does matter much though since I plan to get a new one after I get that done...

it just boasts performance , i got told that when i was going to rebuild dont know if it was true someone else could clear that up.

GeforcebOY said:
it just boasts performance , i got told that when i was going to rebuild dont know if it was true someone else could clear that up.

Yup, you need to reformat before you install a new Mobo, as if you dont, and install the new mobo over the top, it will still be configured to the old mobo, but will work with the new one, and you will lose a great deal performance wish (beleive me, i know) ;)

Reformat After or Before? And what happens when you reformat your hard drive?

i think you should format after . Wen ya reformat it wipes the drive clean then you install using your Windows or restore CD

Back
Top Bottom