New I5 2500k system is sus

fredstek

Baseband Member
Bought and built a new I5 and it seems to be running a bit funny. Games and everything are going hard but every now and then i get really bad clogs or something, i dont know how to explain it. One seconds its fine and then the next it will just seeze up even when theres nothing really cpu intensive!? The motherboard and everything were real cheapies because im going to upgrade later. I think it might because i have to many things plugged in from one connection? I also installed all the drivers for the mobo from the cd and got the latest drivers for the gfx card from the website. I am happy with its performance but the stutters kind of annoy me and scare me a lil bit. I dont think its normal for a new pc especially for a top of the line one!

Degragging could help. Also, if you grabbed the latest gpu drivers, why didn't you also get the latest motherboard drivers once the network card was installed? Newer drivers could make a huge difference.

Is it overclocked? Press Delete key repeatedly during setup and go into the bios manager under what is sometimes labeled overclock tweaker and sometimes frequency settings. if it is turn that off and see if it helps. You might also check to see if all the RAM chips are seated properly.

Back
Top Bottom