New Gaming PC build help!

Savagethorn

Beta member
Hey there,
I'm currently building a gaming PC and wouldn't mind a little input.

So far I've got a few pieces though I need a few more things.

To date, I have:

OCZ FATAL1TY Series 750W ATX 24PIN SLI Ready Modular Cables 135mm Red Fan 80+ Bronze Power Supply

Western Digital Caviar Black1 TB SATA3 6GB/S 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache

OCZ Vertex 2 Extended Sandforce 60 GB SSD

Asus DRW-24b1st 24X sata DVD writer

Asus DVD E818A4 16X DVD Rom

SAPPHIRE HD5870 2GB GDDR5 (Eyefinity 6 Edition) *Got a stellar deal on this, which is why I bought it*

I'm looking to get these as well:

ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA1366 DDR3 CrossFireX SLI 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 PCI USB 3.0 Motherboard

Intel Core i7 960 Quad Core Processor LGA1366 3.2GHZ Bloomfield 8MB LGA1366 4.8GT/S

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cooler Master Haf 932 Black Edition Full Tower EATX Case 6X5.25 1X3.5 5X3.5INT USB eSATA 1394 Audio[/FONT]

I'm not 100% on the mobo or processor, and would like some ideas on what to get. As for price I've got a decent budget. I'm willing to spend upwards of $1500 for the remaining parts that I need. I already have the monitor, mouse and keyboard so those aren't included in the pieces I have left to buy.

RAM is something I'm completely unsure about.

Thanks for the help in advance!

i would rather get the i7 950 and a ga-x58a-ud3r this will be about $150 cheaper with the cpu or more and the mobo is better also about the same price as your option.

I've purchased the Intel I7 2600k Sandy Bridge processor instead. All I need now is the motherboard. I've decided on the ASUS Maximus IV Extreme. However I have to wait for it to be back in stock, anywhere... Funny how that works, when you have no money it's in stock, when you do it's not... Ah well. I also purchased some Corsair [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Vengeance 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 sticks. I plan on using Windows 7 64 BIT so this dual channel memory fits the board I want, plus it was a good deal at 97 dollars.

Thanks for the help, even though a bit belated. =)
[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom