New Gaming build

Zakharov

Beta member
Hello everyone. First let me apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I am making a new gaming build and this is what i have so far:

KJ9BeQj.png

I was wondering if you'll could lead me in the right direction to building a really good gaming system. I want to max out most games like bf4 etc. I also do a lot of programming and i will soon be getting into game making so if there are any suggestions from you it will be appreciated thanks.

Quote: Custom Built PC Quote 208126 | Computer Planet

If i were you i'll get a H60 cooler instead of the H80 to safe money. I don't think you are gonna need the performance difference between the 2. I'll then use that money to get a Samsung 840 pro (or evo) SSD instead of the 120GB kingston SSD. It has double the space and is a little faster than the one you have chosen.

Exactly what PSU is it? 750W corsair could be... at least 4 different models.

I'll also go for a 2x4 gig kit RAM instead of the 1x8 GB kit you have chosen. It's just to enable Dual channel.
It should cost the same.

Last edited:
I agree with Biker. I would like to also add a few things.

I would go with a much higher quality case. That is an EXTREMELY cheap case. The best case maker on the market right now is Phanteks. If you can get one go for a Phanteks Enthoo Pro, best case on the market. Not kidding.

I would go with an EVGA ACX or Asus Direct CU2 video card, much better then Zotac.

I have on more question, are you building it yourself?

^^ Biker and Craig are on it. I say keep the H80. No reason to change. OC the living crap out of your chip. Do get the Samsung 840 Pro or Evo. I built my friend a comp and used that ssd... you won't be disappointed. Get 16 gigs of ram. That will help with programming and game making. Other than that solid build. It's going to be bad. I might wait on the GTX 800 series which are supposed to release in the next week or two but that's just me. As for a case may I recommend the Corsair 750D? Or an NZXT switch 810?

Looks better.
I took the "build your own haswell PC" guide on the site to see what options you have.
I had your hardware list at the side so i could see what you were going for.

When i was done i came to a slightly different result.
  • I chose the option so they don't overclock the CPU for you. you can do that your self and you save 20 bucks.
  • I chose the "non i" version of the corsair H80 cooler. Same performance and you save 18 bucks.
  • For the RAM i chose the Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 8GB 2400 MHz (2x4GB). You are not gonna feel a difference and you save 24 bucks
  • As for the GPU i downgraded to the MSI 770 Twin Frozr 2gb version. In my opinion 2 extra gig on the same 770 chip is not worth 57 bucks. then rather spend 36 dollars more and get the GTX 780.
  • I spend 4 bucks more on the PSU. You get the modular version of the same PSU. Well worth it.
  • I didn't choose a sound card. I don't think you are gonna need it. onboard is plenty for almost everyone. Even if i got it for free i wouldn't add it due to waste of space. so that's 15 bucks saved.
  • sense i saved a good deal of money i figured you would like a faster SSD. The Evo 840 is faster and as a bonus it holds 10 GB more. That's 20 bucks extra

So even with the SSD and PSU upgrade this will save you 110 dollars. you can spend that on upgrading the MSI 770 Twin Frozr 2gb to a zotac GTX 780 and still be almost 20 bucks cheaper than your current shopping list.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom