which new CPU cooler to get?

cuttersblade

Baseband Member
my arctic freezer 7 has started to struggle to keep by E6600 cool whilst its running at 3.2Ghz.

ive looked around and am not really sure which cooler to go for, ive heard some good things about the Thermalright Ultra-120, anybody know how good they are with an E6600? or any coolers that have the same level of performance?

only requirements being it must be relatively quiet, not fussed if its active or passively cooled.

cheers in advance

what do you mean its STARTED to struggle?? if it hasnt before, it shouldnt start to strugle... clean it out and you should be fine..

He probably means it started to struggle when he got to 3.2GHz. Try the OCZ vindicator, I have it's little brother, the Vendetta and it keeps my Q6600 @ 3.4GHz at about 30-35c idle.

when i said had started to struggle i meant when i last increased the OC, i put it up from 3Ghz to 3.2Ghz. since the increase even with the fan at 100% the cpu temp is staying at around 45C at idle, and gets to 60C at load.

oh ok, i get ya now, i thought you were meaning it all the sudden just started to not cool as well... idk zalman is always a good choice, i'd say just grab a 92mm copper hsf with some arctic silver thermal paste and that should do it, just make sure you clean everything off with alcohol first and dont apply too much paste...

Bullzi is right :) Get the Zalman 9700, a very very nice cpu cooler for your cpu. It's a great cooler for overclocking.

Yep, I have a Zalman 9700 running ontop of my Quad, and its as cool as ever even when overclocked 1ghz faster, so with a dual it should be perfect.

When I switched from my Zalman 9700 to my Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme, I lost about 5 degrees Celsius, so you know where my vote goes.

Back
Top Bottom