New Cooler. Same Problem.

Prodigy146

Fully Optimized
So yeah i got the Scythe Mugen 2, here it is in my case:http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3793/cimg0799.jpg

Its basically just a picture of the heatpipe caps :rolleyes:

But anyway its a nice cooler but its not really what i expected, the entire heatsink is just made up of fins and none of the fins connect to each other so the heatpipes are expected to transfer the heat, but based on my temps i guess it is effective.

Multi overclocking does not work for me, my kuma is alot more stable via fsb. i have this 6 hours prime95 stable 14x multi 224fsb:

(With stock cooling my temps were 42C idle 68C load at this setting)

At 16x multi no matter what vcore i set i get a blue screen after 5 minutes of prime95. it seems to do worse when i get to 1.462vcore.

So i decided to go to 14x multi and just oc via FSB. right now im at:
1.4375vcore
230fsb
3224ghz
1.4 NB voltage
HT set to 1.6ghz. at 1.840ghz
RAM set to 333mhz at 382mhz

Prime95 fails large ftt after 16 minutes, more vcore doesnt help. load temp is 45C. It may sound pathetic but i've spent over 5 hours to get to this point, i dont know what to do next. Any suggestions?

ah funny you said that... i just failed a minute of prime95 blend. bluescreen 124 error

my ram isnt even oc'ed and i passed 45 minutes of memtest86+ yesterday with it, how can it be my ram though??

Your RAM is bottlenecking your OC. You need to do one of the following:

-OC your RAM so it keeps up with your CPU

or

-Change the HT Bandwidth so your RAM can run at slower settings. This will slow down your HT Link but would solve the problem of the bottleneck.

To get the best overall OC, first OC your RAM as much as you can before moving on to the CPU. When looking for the CPU OC, lower your multiplier to something that can't get in the way so you can look for the frequency barrier.

Ok 15.5x with no fsb overclocking passed blend for 50 minutes. i put the fsb to 206 just so i can hit the 3200ghz mark. Prime95 blend fails in less than 20 seconds and i get another bluescreen 124 error. wtf.. ah im just gonna run memtest86+ overnight to see if my ram is bad.

i have not gotten any rounding errors, my temps are good, each core performs the test at the same speed, idk whats going on.

EDIT:

Just looked at my memory dump files, it seems i have a memory hierarchy error. Which is an error in the l1 cache of my processor. ill try more vcore: 1.49

So this memory dump error from memtest86+? Can you be a little more specific on what you have done with your memory and with your CPU? Blend tests stress your RAM and if it's failing in less than 20 secs that means your RAM is running at an OC that's not very stable. Try downclocking your RAM to 333MHz (333 * 206 will be the speed it will run at).

Actually my kuma needs an insane amount of vcore just to be stable

i ran prime95 for 6 hours with that setting ^^^. Totally stable and my temps were not that bad. I tried going for 16.5x at 1.5250vcore and i get a bluescreen right away..

It seems like 3210mhz is my max overclock for this chip ....

Back
Top Bottom