New computer, have to remove cat5 to...

BluesMan

Beta member
Brand new Asus computer that i received 2 days ago. It was booting just fine when i configured it the first time.

Then, yesterday, no booting. After troubleshooting i realize that i have to remove the cat5 cable from the back of the computer to be able to boot it.

Never seen that before.

I have Windows 8 on that one and i verified the network card properties and all is fine.

Any ideas on what is the cause of that, faulty cat5 cable or something else?

Thanks, i don't see anything like that in the BIOS and to restart it removing the network cable didn't do it this time, i had to unplug both USB cables from the back of the computer to make it boot ?????

Got it 2 days ago? Send it back and get a replacement. You absolutely should not be experiencing any issues with a brand new computer.

I know but i think that i voided the warranty by opening it up to see what is wrong with it.

I send an email to Asus tech support, i'll wait and see what they are going to tell me about it.

Thanks and if you have any ideas on what it could be please let me know :)

Yes i did, i wanted to see if there was any loose connection because i've seen that happening before. I guess that i'm not going to be able to use the warranty but sending back the computer from New-Brunwick Canada to the other end of the country i Britrish-Columbia for a replacement is not an option. That is why i want to find another option like, finding what's wrong with it and try to fix it up myself.

Other than the boot problem, it is going fine, no other problems to report.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom