New Computer Config. Help

matius

Baseband Member
Alo,

I realize this is a hardcore forum and people make their own builds generally but I'm not so hardcore. I need a machine for audio production and for normal business-related purposes... Ever since I saw Coldcut using Dell laptops live on stage I figured they were OK by me, but I'm sure some people despise.

I just need some opinions on this build -- and see what I could do better, how I can get it cheaper, if that's a good deal to begin with, etc. etc. Also, they don't mention what mother board, guess cause it's crap?

Building it on my own isn't an option. I have to move pretty quickly.

Thanks in advance.

XPS 630
• Intel® Core™2 E8300 (6MB,2.83GHz, 1333FSB)
• Operating System Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Service Pack 1
• Memory 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 4 DIMMs
• Video Card ATI Radeon HD3870 512MB
• Hard Drive 1TB Performance RAID 0 (2 x 500GB SATA 3Gb/s 7200 RPM HDDs)
• Media Reader Dell 19 in 1 Media Reader with Bluetooth
• Optical Drive Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability
• Sound Cards Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
$1469.00

if its for audio and normal business then skip the intergrated audio get a decent sound card and replace the graphics card its really not needed for normal use

integrated audio is wonderful for playback, but awful for recording. Latency issues will kill your recording timings, and the noise floor of the audio inputs on the motherboard will be much higher than on a dedicated card.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I have an Audiophile 24/96 card to replace the integrated sound.

The problem with Dell config. is you don't have a choice to downgrade to a 256MB graphics card. I would save the money if I could... but it's not an option.

Thx--

Back
Top Bottom