new computer

Fanatic4Christ

Daemon Poster
my freind wants to buy a new computer that will be able to play games for atleast the next 2 years or so, he has 700 to spend, i build one for 660 bucks on newegg but not to sure on the performance, does any one know any pre-build computers that are under 700, if so then it's appreciated =D

does he need monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc? he can get a really good computer for under $700, but he will most likely have to upgrade the gpu anyway in a little while... Depends on the games he wants to play... Battlefield 2142 and Crysis are totally different when dealing with games. There are only a few games as high-end as crysis, but in the next 2 years, I would assume some games may even be looking better..

This would be a good start
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8532983&productCategoryId=abcat0501004&type=product&tab=2&id=1186008217632#productdetail
but you should still upgrade the graphics card eventually.

o yeah sorry, well he needs keyboard and mouse but i can pick those up locally and i have a spare monitor im gonna give him lol he wanted to buy my computer for 700, you think i should sell it to him for that much? hahaha naw i dunno if i would do that because i need a comptuer and he wants to play C&C 3, America's Army possbily, COD4, Starcraft, and Starcraft 2 when it comes out.

Your computer seems like it could play those games, but you will always benefit from upgrading your graphics card. Just going from an x1650, to an x1900 or nvidia 8800 would be really great. You'd prbly need a better psu, but that's cheap compared to the gpu... im assuming you have 2gigs o' ram right now, which that can handle any game at this point... and the sound seems to be good enough... it all comes down to the graphics card i think... if you can get one for really cheap (craigslist/ebay) than maybe you could build a damn good gaming computer for 700.

Well, i wouldn't go with vista... but that's a different discussion! haha! anyway, looks good actually, all that for under $700? gpu could be better, but with that configuration, i think it would run every game you throw at it... may not be able to do highest settings, but should be able to take new games too. You'd save money by just using the stock onboard sound, and could then buy an even better graphics card... i dunno... whole system looks good. i envy people with money.

okay well it said 660 dollard now all of a sudden it jumped up to 900.... out of nowhere.... did the price of everything just change???? and i didnet even change anything... grr stupid newegg

does he need monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc? he can get a really good computer for under $700, but he will most likely have to upgrade the gpu anyway in a little while... Depends on the games he wants to play... Battlefield 2142 and Crysis are totally different when dealing with games. There are only a few games as high-end as crysis, but in the next 2 years, I would assume some games may even be looking better..

This would be a good start
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8532983&productCategoryId=abcat0501004&type=product&tab=2&id=1186008217632#productdetail
but you should still upgrade the graphics card eventually.

i have that comp! It is very good, i bought a new GPU as the integrated one sucks, but besides that its working perfect for me

ill prolly get a quad core eventually :p

Back
Top Bottom