New comp problem.

AwwHailNaw

Baseband Member
I got my parts today.

X-Infinity 600watt PSU
2G ocz ram
Geforce 8500GT
680i nForce Motherboard

I plug everything in, turn it on. Everything turns on, but nothing shows up on the monitor. I haven't received my dvd drive yet, this isn't a problem right?

My hard drives still have info from the previous computer.

unless your old board was a 680i nothing is going to happen until you install the m/board drivers etc.

You will probably need to do a clean install of your operating system (recommended) or you can try a repair install (may work)

Ok, so when I get my dvd drive, and I put the windows disk in something should come up on the monitor?

well u should see it post and all that. "Press Delete to enter Bios" esc. esc.

ur not seeing ANYTHING??

Nothing at all, I'm double checking my connections and everything seems to be connected right. Also this motherboard doesn't have a speaker I guess, so I don't get any beeps to help me out.

Sorry I didn't realise it wasn't posting.

Yes, you should be able to enter the bios etc. The speaker may need to be a case speaker as opposed to onboard, refer to your manual.

No post is not good, I'd strip it down, set the m/board on top of its box and reconnect the basics, 1x stick of ram, video card, hdd and see if you get post.

Wait RED light?. mines green i havn't seen a Red one. um read ur book and MAKE SURE its supposed to red

Back
Top Bottom