New case, Installion questions

meanpeoplesuck

Baseband Member
I am considering buying a new case for my computer. The thing is, I have no idea how this instillation will go. I have heard that mounting the motherboard incorrectly will fry it, and that its easy to do that.

I also have no clue what kind of motherboard it is. I don't even know what the kinds of motherboard there are. Would if the components in the back line up be information enough? What would be a way to find out what kind of motherboard I had.

installation is easy. Just take everything out of ur old case and put them in the new one. It's so simple it's hard to explain. It's easiest to do so that u turn the case to it's side and then just put the mobo in (ram and cpu can be in the mobo) it's place and attach it with the screws. Then just put the rest of the stuff in the case and attach them to the mobo.
And the only reason it could fry is if the static electricity does something to it. So ground yourself (touching the case should do) before touching the mobo.

And basicly any atx mobo should fit in any atx case. There might be an easier way but just google for ur mobo type (as detailed as possible) and see if u find something about atx, mini-atx etc. And if u don't know what mobo u have use everest (www.lavalys.com)

Lol, thanks for acting like I'm a retard. I just was refering to things I had heard about motherboards. But it sounds easier then everyone makes it out to be.

I am guessing an atx mini, since the case, is rather small, no more then 1 1/2 feet tall.

I'll check it out, thanks for your help.

you shouldn't have any problems unless it's a dell or an hp or some name brand computer that you are trying to use a new case with. Those companies usually have proprietary designs and use their own specially made products that make upgrading/replacing components hard..IE....you have to buy it from them and they charge you an arm and a leg. But if it's a custom built one, you won't have any probs.

Back
Top Bottom