New Case?

Sahed

Baseband Member
My bro got me a new Dell desktop, but the graphics card on there is horrible. It's an Intel Extreme integrated GPU. I can play some games on it, but the newer games I can't. Now he told me the desktop can only hold a half-slot and those don't exist, so now he told me my only choice is getting a new case.

Does anyone know a cheaper way to put in a better graphics card?

By the way, my cousin is giving me his old GPU.

Cough cough..grab a plasma cutter :) cut the back of the case where it is blocking the card xD lol.

what dell model do you have?.. is it one of those super space efficient desktops?..
anyway, if the card is protruding out of the case, you have two choices. a) buy a new case or b) leave the case open at all times (which is not very safe at all) if the card doesn't fit into the case, you hafta to buy a new one, simple as that. buying a new case for a dell computer is a bit odd though in my opinion :D

I'm guessing (going out on a limb here), and I am going to say that it's probably either an XPS 200 or an Optiplex GX520 or 620 Small Form Factor.

Graphics cards are made specifically for those at time of purchase. Be very aware of that.

I have an Optiplex GX520 Small Form Factor....I love it. I only use it for Internet, E-mail, and music so it works perfectly for me.

well.. i guess this is your choice. you spend 60-100 dollars on a new case and use your friends uh.. gpu, or, you spend x amount of money on a custom gpu from dell... i suggest you choose the former..

Sahed said:
Yeah I have the Optiplex. Do they sell graphics cards for them?

You could search of their website. I am not totally for sure. These small form factor computers are made, in a sense, with a combination of laptop and desktop components. So, it's hard telling.

Be sure to search for a graphics card under the XPS 200....if they made them, that's what they would be under.

Also, Newegg.com, xpcgear.com, or Tigerdirect.com are some good alternatives to look into.

Yeah I googled "Half-height GPUs" and got a $500 GPU.

Also, I got some news saying my bro can get me a very old case, but still fine in a couple weeks. So I'll probably just wait.

Thanks for the help guys.

Back
Top Bottom