but if she does that
she would loose all of her music
and she doesnt want to do that

so how can i set up a network with a USB cable
it is the cheapest way to accomplish this
someone out there has got to know

thanks for any help

Hedoe,

From Newegg or similar site, you can purchase 2.5" to 3.5" adapters for internal hard drives. I recommend you find the model of the hard drive (or at least the interface it uses), and find a converter online. They should run for $2-10, depending on type. With this, you can put it in your brother's desktop, set BIOS not too boot from it, and then you can simply access it from "My Computer", pull out all the songs and copy to another hard drive or on CD, then put the little drive back into her laptop.

Trust me, it is not as difficult as it sounds, its just a little delicate. Watch for static and try not to shake or hit it against anything if you perform this procedure. That's all I have, other than Chris's suggestion of getting a USB Network Card.

Either way, good luck, Hedoe!

my bros gf has 30 gigs of music
and about 5 gigs of pics on her laptop
and i tried transfering it wirelessly
at a speedy 1 gig an hour
or theres abouts
and thats with no one else on the internert
at that rate it would take on the order of 35-40 hrs!

Hey about your bros network. If it's built in to the motherboard you might check the bios to see if it's enabled.

get a external harddrive, maybe borrow one, and btw, copying my 22g took me about 7hours, so your looking at about 10 hours mate.

also you could try burn them on disk

also you could get another harddrive and set it as slave and save them on their.

also you can take the hdd out with the music on and put it as slave on another pc and copy them on their.

Back
Top Bottom