Network problem has stumped me...

GhostGT

Daemon Poster
Seriously. I've taken my sister's old computer to school. I have a total of two notebooks and one desktop in my room, all running off our school's wireless network.

Just last night, after uninstalling WoW off my sister's hard drive and reinstalling it on another HD I've connected, everything went fine and the game downloaded/installed correctly.

In the middle of updates, I realized that the ticker was not moving anymore, and youtube would'nt load. Voila, "Limited or no connection."

I tried everything, everything, and everything I knew / read online. I uninstalled/reinstalled the wireless card (Netgear WG311T) and now, it will actually connect, but gives me the "IP address conflict with another system" message. Sometimes, it will even show a full connection, and sometimes it will show Limited/No Conn again. Mostly the IP address error though.

Any ideas? My other two laptops are working fine. I'm stumped!

Chris

Try this might help Resetting the IP stack

The reset command is available in the IP context of the NetShell utility. Follow these steps to use the reset command to reset TCP/IP manually:

1. To open a command prompt, click Start and then click Run. Copy and paste (or type) the following command in the Open box and then press ENTER:
cmd
2. At the command prompt, copy and paste (or type) the following command and then press ENTER:
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
Note If you do not want to specify a directory path for the log file, use the following command:
netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
3. Reboot the computer.

Thanks for the reply himmy. I had already tried that, too.

After hours of killing myself over this and trying everything imaginable, I got an e-mail on my school server saying that one of my computers had been cut off from the school system because of "failure to register computer."

Guess which computer that was?

Bastards... :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Chris

Ouch, do they have you join a domain before you can access the internet or are there just access points that you connect to?

Back
Top Bottom