Nero keeps crashing

PC1

Beta member
Hi

I am using Nero 5 with Windows 98SE and up to now I have been able to burn to CD, mostly Avi files no problem, however it keeps crashing. I get error message suggesting "bad ram". I've changed the ram to no effect. I had to totally restore the system about a week ago, Windows , programs, etc (possibily because of an undetected virus?). I have also on the system WMP9 and RealPlayer 10 and as these have burning facilities could there be a conflict on the system? I can burn a wav file of 50megs via the RealPlayer but not with Nero. Incidentally can RealPlayer (the free version) or WMP burn Avi under Windows 98SE?

regards

AMD 700mhz
Gigabyte GA-7IXE motherboard
Teac burner
Windows 98SE

Not cutting edge I know but it does what I want, usually!

Close all of your applications open and in the background. Then try. dont multitask on that system!

Yeah; don't multitask on that - its just not up to it especially with burning programs.

RealPlayer; personally its a big program for that computer - it has advertising programs up all the time even when Real is off and it is generally a big program to open. I would recommend its uninstallation.

You won't be able to write avis on Windows Media Player or RealPlayer - but it can be done on Nero can't it? For CDs - not for DVDs.

I can't really say why Nero isn't able to write Music Files. But I would guess RealPlayer is stopping it from doing what it wants to do; certain companies and programs can and do do that.

oops

None of this should be happening,slow down and study burning first.
In the meantime upgrade at Nero to 5.5 and use Nero Express.
And please do 1 thing at a time.Multitasking is highly overated.Even with someday being a million gb of memory.Hee Hee.
:D
Theres many more on this ?'s though .
:confused:

Yeh, memory doesnt matter. think about the strain on your PSU providing all the power to different devices under a big task. And the processor load etc.

yes windows 98 special edition it is probably a low compatibility system meaning it doesnt have much ram so nero takes up some i wouldnt multitask like camers said

Back
Top Bottom