nero back it up...!!?!!

UK1nation

Beta member
Hello all!

Recentley I 'backed up' my files using 'nero back it up' and followed the instructions given to me by nero…..(there were never any warning messages given!), Once completed I ‘formatted' my Hard-drive and loaded a new XP OS to it……, Now that I've installed ‘nero' again…I tried to ‘restore' the back ups using the ‘nero back it up' program……but it doesn't work…!??!!
(When opening ‘restore' it asks me to find ‘back up files' with the file format: ‘.nbi' ….searched ALL discs created and there's no such file with ‘.nbi' anywhere???!! ..the other way to ‘auto-restore back up files' is to ‘DOUBLE CLICK' on any ‘.nco' file on the ‘back up discs' ….but when choosing the file to restore….. nero displays this message: “ THE FOLDER DOES NOT EXIST, WOULD YOU LIKE TO CREATE THE NAMED FOLDER?” ‘YES/NO'…to which NERO allows me to save/create the folder to save in ‘my documents' but when doing this NERO returns a ‘fail tone/beep' with the message: “UNABLE TO DECOMPRESS THE FILE”..?????)

If theres anyone outthere who uses the same program or has overcome the problems Im having then I'd be very grateful if you could let me know whats wrong and how to fix it…!

P.S. (if I made the back up with an earllier version of nero…would I need the same version to use the restore mode? Is there anyother way to access those files?? (have 3yrs of photos on one of the ‘back up discs' and cant lose them…! THE WIFE WILL NOT BE PLEASED!!

where did you backup your files to?

edit: I just saw you used discs

I don't personally use backup programs, if I were you I would have just backed up the info/pics/whatever onto cd-r's or dvd+r's not using a backup program, but using nero to burn everything. just selecting files and placing them in nero to burn. but I suppose it's too late for that since your data may not be there.

I use it, but I have never run into that problem using Back it Up. Did you switch versions, or do an autoupdate?

Or>..

Did you have you drives named differently before formatting? Example, DVDRW was K drive and is now E drive..
If so, you need to revert the disk drives to their original letter designation, because, otherwise the file paths are invalid, and CANNOT BE FOUND, which is the problem you are having. Check this solution out, otherwise, dunno, sorry man!!

I now have exactly the same problem you describe under exactly the same conditions (i.e. reformat and OS upgrade to XP).
Today is Jan 19th. Did you find out what to do?

I guess I backed up using "back it up" two different ways. I don't know how. Program is definitely not intuitive. I WAS able to restore some of what I backed up before I reformated but now cannot. Files I can't get back have different icons and are called folders, not "Nero back-it-up-documents".

Downloaded .pdf manual from Nero.com to get details....same worthless info as in pamphlet that accompanied software.

Please respond to metrowestalm@hotmail.com either way. If you didn't find solution and I do, I will let you know.

A possibility is that you may have reformatted your system using a different type than what you had before. Where you in FAT32 before, and then formated to NTFS!

Hello - glad that somebody else maybe has resolved this problem could you please advise me as I am at my wits end and have spend the last 7 months hours on end any advice would be great - I have loaded and tried to use isoblaster but don't get the results although I think it opened one photo - a resolution would be great thanks

Maxine

UK1nation said:
Hello all!

Recentley I 'backed up' my files using 'nero back it up' and followed the instructions given to me by nero…..(there were never any warning messages given!), Once completed I ‘formatted' my Hard-drive and loaded a new XP OS to it……, Now that I've installed ‘nero' again…I tried to ‘restore' the back ups using the ‘nero back it up' program……but it doesn't work…!??!!
(When opening ‘restore' it asks me to find ‘back up files' with the file format: ‘.nbi' ….searched ALL discs created and there's no such file with ‘.nbi' anywhere???!! ..the other way to ‘auto-restore back up files' is to ‘DOUBLE CLICK' on any ‘.nco' file on the ‘back up discs' ….but when choosing the file to restore….. nero displays this message: “ THE FOLDER DOES NOT EXIST, WOULD YOU LIKE TO CREATE THE NAMED FOLDER?” ‘YES/NO'…to which NERO allows me to save/create the folder to save in ‘my documents' but when doing this NERO returns a ‘fail tone/beep' with the message: “UNABLE TO DECOMPRESS THE FILE”..?????)

If theres anyone outthere who uses the same program or has overcome the problems Im having then I'd be very grateful if you could let me know whats wrong and how to fix it…!

P.S. (if I made the back up with an earllier version of nero…would I need the same version to use the restore mode? Is there anyother way to access those files?? (have 3yrs of photos on one of the ‘back up discs' and cant lose them…! THE WIFE WILL NOT BE PLEASED!!

Back
Top Bottom