Need Urgent Laptop Assistance!

NikiD

Beta member
I am shopping for a laptop for college and have sort of narrowed down my choices but I need some professional help and knowledge on what's good and what's not. I would like to know which one of these 2 are better...

ASUS 15.6" Laptop featuring Intel Core i5-2450M (X53E-RS53-CBIL) - Black : 15" Laptops - Best Buy Canada

HP 15.6" AMD Quad-Core A8-4500M Laptop (M6-1064CA) - Black : 15" Laptops - Future Shop

The first seemed kinda obvious because of the price but im hearing mixed things about asus now. I will be buying from one of these stores because I have pretty large giftcards for each so if there are any other suggestions I'd rather them be from either of those sites.

All things being equal, the Asus has a better CPU while the HP has a better GPU. It all depends on what you plan on using the laptop for, and don't say college. Will you be using it strictly for typing essays and such or some photo editing or gaming?

Im taking a media arts course so I will be using a lot of Photoshop and video editing software and I want the laptop to last me at least 4 years.

The average lifespan of a laptop is about 4 years. For Photoshop and video editing, I would go with the Asus.

Oh really, I thought because it was visual editing stuff like that the hp would be better. Also the hp is a quad core and the Asus a dual core. Is it that big a difference?

The Asus is a dual core with HyperThreading so it will appear as a quad core. It also has a higher clock speed.

Back
Top Bottom