need system help!?!

killzoneman0

In Runtime
i am buying a new amd athlon 64 system. i have already selected the items i want to buy and i am stuck on 2 things.

1. I plan on getting a dfi lanparty mobo. I want to oc my system. Which dfi or any other motherboard should i get.

what i need on the mobo:
sata2
sli compatable
socket 939
ddr 3200
ata 133
2 pci-e vid card card slots

2. i am planning on getting the ram below. should i get a cheaper kind of ram without the heatspreader or will the heat spreader make it work better?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227031

I can answer the second one but not the first i'm afraid.

The heat spreader is just there to slightly cool the RAM, yet, no performance gain will be made from having them.

The only time you may get a performance gain, is if you do an overclock. Of course, the heatspreader might cool the ram enough to do more of an overclock, than if say, RAM without.

So I'd go with one with a heatspreader just incase for that purpse, but no, you won't get a performance gain unless in these circumstances.

Yeah, that seems kewl :) I aso agree with the RAM make as it is very well respected, and if you do plan to overclock, i'd expect some good results usually. Plus the latency seems rather low too compared to some i've seen.

Back
Top Bottom